- Installed James Newton Kings sitemap handler
- Setup the www.netconnex.com website in Google’s Webmaster Tools
- In Google’s webmaster tools, the www.netconnex.com/sitemap.axd sitemap to the list of sitemaps
- When to Google Analytics, setup an account for my site and copied the tracking code they provide (here’s how to get the tracking code for an existing account).
- Opened the site in Visual Studio 2008, and edited the site.master file
- I pasted the tracking code I copied from Google Analytics to the bottom of the site.master file, just before the closing body tag (</body>)
- Saved the site.master!
FYI, I also copied the output of the www.netconnex.com/sitemap.axd file to a file in the root of the website called sitemap.xml . This way if there were any tools that looked specifically for the sitemap.xml file they would find it.
I let it sit for a day, and checked in on Google Analytics the next day, and I had stats for all of my sites pages.
UPDATE: Based on the comments, I have created a zip file with my web.config and site.master files in it. You can Download the sample files here