I’m presenting the Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions MVA (http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/liveevents/developing-microsoft-azure-solutions) with Sidney Andrews today (12/19/2014).
We’ll be covering a number of topics:
- Azure Web Sites
- Cloud Services
- Virtual Machines
- Azure SQL Database
- Storage Services
- Application Architecture
Specifically, I’m covering the even numbered modules, on Cloud Services, Azure SQL Database, and Application Architecture.
You can grab a copy of my demos from http://aka.ms/BretsMVA532Demos . Make sure to restore the NuGet packages in each solution.
At a Hackathon? Need quick access to some “Azure How To’s to get you started?” Here are some links. These resources are just to get your started. If you need something more in depth, check out “Microsoft Virtual Academy”
- Windows Azure Pass Usage Tutorial if you don’t have an Azure Pass code, you can always create a free trial
- Azure Documentation – Everything you need to know about Microsoft Azure
- Quick 3-Minute getting started with Azure videos
- Creating a Windows Virtual Machine in Azure – Azure Virtual Machines are a great way to get started with the cloud
- Creating a Linux Virtual Machine in Azure – Yep! You can create Linux VMs in Azure. You can also learn how to install the LAMP stack on your Linux VM
- Create a Node.JS Website in Azure and Deploy from GitHub – Azure websites support the platforms you love like ASP.NET, PHP, Python and Node.js and you can deploy from source control services like Visual Studio Online or GitHub
- Visual Studio Online – You can create FREE, PRIVATE projects in Visual Studio Online. Get more than just source control.
- Create an Azure Mobile Service for your Android App – Azure Mobile Services are an extremely powerful way to create backends for your mobile apps!
- Create an Azure Mobile Service for your iOS App – And iOS apps
- Create an Azure Mobile Service for your HTML5 Client App!
- Getting User Data with Azure Mobile Services
Today, 10/20/2014 Cale Teeter, Charles Sterling, Jeff Levinson and I will be delivering a live session on Microsoft Virtual Academy on “Dev/Test Scenarios in the DevOps World”.
You can grab a copy of Bret’s Demo Files here: http://1drv.ms/1r0CFJw
I mentioned at the end of a previous post how my office is really just a hole under the stairs. We call it the Harry Potter Room.
However, as I get deeper and deeper into the “Internet of Things” (IoT) and playing with Arduinos, Galileos, Teensys, Raspberry Pis, sensors, resistors, motors, shields, soldering irons, etc. I have learned that my old office space just didn’t cut it. I moved onto the kitchen table for a while:
but my wife put a quick end to that. The next stop, the garage:
Hopefully I can stay put here for a while. Hope to send some new blog posts and videos your way with my new setup. See you soon!